At Melnik Legal we work with organizations and providers spanning the gamut of healthcare delivery, ranging from healthcare providers and independent physician associations, to established healthcare vendors such as data centers, to technology start-ups.
For more details, see Representative Matters.
- Electronic Health Records (EHR), Electronic Medical Records (EMR), and Personal Healthcare Records (PHR)
- Acquisition and implementation of EHRs/EMR/PHRs, including review of master purchase agreements, statements of work, and addendums
- Certification issues
- Fraud concerns
- Meaningful Use compliance and incentive program
- Safety concerns
- Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act compliance
- Controlled Substances Act compliance
- Fraud and Abuse Anti-Kickback Statute compliance
- Physician dispensing regulations
- E-prescribing and telemedicine
- Regulatory review and compliance counseling
- Transactional Services
- Data sharing and data use agreements
- Clinical and disease registry agreements
- Internet and technology-use policies
- Consulting and services agreements
- Contract review and negotiations
Other Healthcare Services
- Regulatory compliance (Stark and mini-Stark, Anti-Kickback, False Claims Act, fraud & abuse issues)
- Data and records management polices and procedures and state and federal records management laws
- General business management services
| || |
|Related Presentations |
Managing ESI within Health Information Systems -- Now they've Gone Mobile, Panel Member, ABA Information Governance, Electronic Discovery and Digital Evidence National Institute, Jan. 29, 2014.
- HIPAA, It's not just for Hospitals Anymore - Data Center Obligations Under HIPAA/HITECH, 2014 BICSI Winter Conference & Exhibition, Feb. 6, 2014
Identity Fraud and Data Breaches: Criminal and Civil Enforcement Efforts, 2014 HIMSS Conference, Feb. 24, 2014.
- Executive Officer Leadership Summit of the National Council of State Boards of Nursing on various issues including, general privacy and legal issues with social media as they impacting nursing, and social media implementation and related concerns, Co-Speaker, June 19, 2012.
|Related Blog Posts |