Tatiana Melnik is an attorney who focuses on helping clients protect data and information they create as well as the data and information entrusted to them by others.
Tatiana practices primarily in the areas of information technology, healthcare, data privacy, data security, intellectual property, and marketing. She counsels business owners, management, practice leaders, and individuals on regulatory compliance matters and best practices. Tatiana has also prosecuted a number of trademark applications with the USPTO, registered copyrights with the U.S. Copyright Office, and handled domain name and website related disputes.
Why we're differentTatiana has a background in information technology and business. She holds a degree in Information Systems from the University of North Florida (where she learned Java and COBOL - yes, that's right!) and has over 10 years of industry experience in e-commerce, website hosting, and web development.
Tatiana's industry background gives her an 'insider' understanding of technology and the challenges businesses face, which allows her to better advise clients operating in today's technology laden world. Tatiana's business background also gives her an acute understanding of the challenges business owners face on a daily basis.
- University of Michigan Law School, J.D. 2009
- Scholarly Writing Award for “Can We Dicker Online or is Traditional Contract Formation Really Dying? Rethinking Traditional Contract Formation for the World Wide Web”
- Academic Scholarship
- Student Attorney, Food Stamp Advocacy
- University of North Florida, B.S. (Information Systems), B.B.A. (International Business) 2005 (summa cum laude)
- University Honors: Undergraduate Thesis in Psychology
- Young Women of Vision Award from Mayor’s Office
- Academic Excellence in Information Systems
- Senior Service Award
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Associate, May 2010 - Dec. 2012
- Summer Associate, May - Aug. 2008
- Toyota Technical Center
- Legal Intern, Jan. - April 2008
- Honorable Gerald E. Rosen, Eastern District of Michigan; Court of Appeals for the 6th Circuit
- Judicial Intern, May – Aug. 2007
- University of Michigan Urban Communities Clinic
- Legal Intern, May – Aug. 2007
Tatiana Melnik is admitted to practice in Florida and Michigan as well as before the Eastern District of Michigan.
Tatiana Melnik is a frequent speaker on a variety of healthcare information technology, information technology, privacy, data security, and compliance issues. Please see here for a list of recent presentations and publications.If you would like to have Tatiana speak at your event, please complete the contact form and be sure to provide all essential details.
- American Bar Association
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Michigan State Bar
- Information Technology Law, Council Member, 2010 – 2013
- Health Care Law, Member
- Florida State Bar
- Health Information Management Systems Society (HIMSS)
- Cloud Security Toolkit Work Group
- Mobile Security Toolkit Work Group
- Nanotechnology Law & Business Journal
- Managing Editor (2011 - 2017)
- Assistant Editor (2007- 2011)
- Automation Alley, Information Technology Committee (former)