Industry News and Analysis
Data Privacy and Security
Below is a list of resources we have gathered over the years. We separated the materials into sections to make the list a bit easier to navigate. Some resources do have overlapping content. Inclusion on this list does not constitute endorsement (see disclaimer). Please contact us with any additional suggestions or if you find a broken link.
Legal Resources, Tool Kits and Lists
- Prescription drug comparison website
- List of State Medical Records Laws and Retention Periods for Physicians and Hospitals (PDF)
This table was created by the Health Information Security & Privacy Collaboration (HISPC) of the HHS's Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology in 2009 and published and released to the public on January 13, 2010.
The list of State Medical Records Laws and Retention periods table is one exhibit from a final report that analyzes state laws that are intended to require health care providers (specifically, medical doctors and hospitals) to afford individuals access to their own health information and to identify potential barriers to the electronic exchange of health information. Specific state law provisions examined: scope of medical records to which patients are afforded access, format of information furnished, deadlines for responding to requests, fees for furnishing copies, record retention laws and access to records of minors.
- Office of the National Coordinator
- Meaningful Use
- Telehealth Resource Center - Provides a list telehealth resource centers throughout the US as well as details on program development, laws and regulations, marketing, and training
- National Telehealth Policy Resource Center - A project of the Center for Connected Health Policy. CCHP provides policy assistance to Regional Telehealth Resource Centers nationwide and serves as a national resource on telehealth policy.